It's time for a change in my life.
For the past 5+ years I have been (almost completely) focused on my career. My first year of teaching was consumed with hard work, pain and a hope for survival. The next few years I slowly began to gain confidence and find my footing as a teacher. In the fall of 2011, I began graduate school for my Master's in Education and hopefully in May of 2014 I will graduate!! Now, in my sixth year of teaching, I finally feel like I have got this teaching thing down! Of course, there are challenges and I am learning new things every day. However, I don't feel lost and unsure of myself any more. I feel excited and hopeful for the future.
However....
I still don't feel happy. I don't know if happy is the right word, but it's the only one that I can think of at the moment. I am beyond blessed with family and friends who love and support me. I have a job I love and that challenges me. But I feel like at age 27, my life is not balanced. I feel stuck.
You see, since my focus has been on teaching these past few years, I feel like I have drifted away from improving other parts of my life. Specifically my health, my spiritual life and my writing life.
With only a few months left of 2013, I'm determined to make a change and start making healthier choices for my life. I'm hoping to blog my progress each week focusing on my goals with eating healthier, working out more, seeking God and making more time to write.
I'll let you know how it goes....Thanks for reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment