I noticed a huge decline in my reading at the end of high school and into college. I still read, but not as much as I used to. I attribute this mainly to the fact that my teachers started pouring on the reading assignments and after having to read hundreds of required texts each week, I wasn't exactly keen to the idea of reading for fun.
I am really happy to have found my joy for reading again. This summer it has seemed to explode! I wanted to share with you guys what books I read and talk about a few of them that I highly reccommend. (I thought all of them were good though....I would not have finished them if I hadn't!)
Confessions of a Good Christian Girl by Tammy Maltby
Unashamed Lineage of Grace: Book 2 (Story of Rahab) by Francine Rivers
The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow - Amazing story of the 40 year friendship of 11 girls from Ames, Iowa. I loved this book not only because of the interesting stories about each of the girls, but the author included studies and ideas about friendship and the impact is has on women. I also love hearing about people's lives. Awesome read!
Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - Just read it. One of the most incredible stories I have ever read. Incredibly sad book though so if you don't like sad books I would steer clear of this one....but man, it is great!
The Marland Tragedy by Kim Brumely- If you live or have lived in Ponca and you like history, you will enjoy this book. If you live anywhere else...you probably won't find it as cool as I did! :)
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood - I really enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I was going to. And now I have ANOTHER excuse to see the movie besides wanting to drool over Zac Efron. (not that I need another excuse...haha)
My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor
In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner I loved this book! It was so much better than Best Friends Forever. I loved the characters and could really relate to Rose. :) Now, I want to see that movie too!
I am currently reading The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorite books. It's incredibly sad but funny and moving all at the same time.
Just in case you care, here are some other books I have read that I highly reccommend. They are my favorite books of all time! Oh, and if you have books to reccommend for me, PLEASE comment. I love book suggestions.
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Please Stop Laughing at Me by Jodee Blanco
Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
No comments:
Post a Comment