I figure I have two sets of friends: ones who LOVE Twilight and that other group of losers.
JUST KIDDING!
Or AM I?
OK, well I am kidding about the loser part, but I do notice that either my friends embrace vampire-mania with open arms....or they hate it with the firey passion of hell. Honestly, I will totally admit that I have been swept up in the vampire hoop-la and I'm loving every minute of it. I blame my brother's girlfriend for getting me hooked on this stuff. :) She introduced me to Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse and now Vampire Diaries. I am currently re-obsessed with Twilight. Most likely due to the Eclipse movie just coming out and that I just finished reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (both of which were AWESOME by the way).
But I have to wonder, what the heck do us zillions of twi-hards see in this vampire stuff? I mean really? The concept of vampires is....creepy and disturbing. I mean THEY DRINK BLOOD PEOPLE! I remember being a small child watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? and the ONLY episode I was truly terriffied of involved a vampire. I couldn't watch it or I would have nightmares for weeks. I mean I loathed vampires. They were pretty much equal to Satan himself.
What changed?
Well, Edward (aka R Patz) entered my life. :) HAH! OK, I'll admit that I have dreamed of Robert Pattinson whisking me off for an eternity of love and bliss. But I also know that Edward, his character, is FICTIONAL....and that twilight is not the perfect love story. In fact, it's quite ridiculous. So why do I love it? Well, I have decided to enlighten you all with what I LOVE and HATE about twilight. Enjoy!
What I LOVE about Twilight:
Edward - I'm team Edward all the way. He's dreamy, never gets old (literally), and is pretty much the ultimate bodyguard. Plus, he's a gentleman!
Cullen clan - I love how family-oriented they are and how they try to lead "moral" lives as the un-dead. Plus Carlisle is a fox too...must run in the fam. ;-)
Good vampires - The Cullens live off animal blood and not human blood. YAY! I can hang with these guys. :)
Bad vampires- But most vampires do live off of human blood....and although that creeps me out....the villans in Twilight are pretty awesomely bad!
Easy, fun reads - I will be the first to admit that these books are not high quality writing....but they are fun and enjoyable and sometimes you just need that!
What I HATE about Twilight:
Bella - she's the absolute worst part of the movie (Kristen Stewart....please watch yourself on film, take some acting classes and try again....) and I'm not a huge fan of her in the book.....possibly because I would be a better replacement! HAHA....
Sparkling vampires - I am a fan of the whole "not bursting into flames" in the sunglight thing.....but shiny, sparkily vampires? Sheesh. That's just stupid.
Breaking Dawn - Yeah, should have just stopped with Eclipse.....yikes.
Jacob - I love dogs. I do....but Jacob just bugs the crap out of me. And the whole imprinting on Bella's daughter.....yuck! Now, I did transfer this hatred of Jacob to Taylor Lautner, but he redeemed himself when he did this SNL skit. Watch it!
So, in conclusion.....why has the world and myself fallen under the vampire spell?
I have no clue.
No comments:
Post a Comment