I have always struggled with my appearance and weight along with my junk food tendencies. I used to think I was "fat" in high school....I was 25 pounds LIGHTER in high school so obviously I WAS NOT FAT! Now that I'm older, I have a much less skewed view of my body. I don't think I'm fat, but I know there is room for improvement. I don't want to be ultra skinny, but slimming down a bit definitely wouldn't hurt and I really just want to be healthier.
I recently got an adult physical, just to make sure the 'ol body was healthy. :) Well, my blood test results came back and apparently my cholesterol is a little high. :/ Yikes! I thought that was just for old people! (JK Mom and Dad haha) It did freak me out though and really made me think about what I choose to eat and how often I exercise or vice versa. This really shook me up and I really don't want to be worried about my health at age 24!!
So I decided, here and now, that I'm not going to let my arteries get clogged and wait until my heart explodes like a ticking time bomb (OK, a little dramatic...sorry tee hee) I want to make some goals for myself and I decided to share them with YOU! :)
1. EXERCISE!!!!! - I'm going to start with 30-45 min. 2-3 times a week. (Start small and build up....it's better than once every 3 weeks like I have been doing)
2. One treat per grocery trip - I tend to load up on the sugary snacks when I go shopping so ONLY ONE! (I can't say none because well, c'mon!)
3. One treat during the week and one treat on the weekend - I also tend to grab ice cream after school when I've had a rough day or I'm tired or I just feel like ice cream haha...so I need to limit myself. :)
4. Cook dinner at LEAST 4 times a week at home -This will be a toughie....but it needs to happen!
5. Eat breakfast every morning- I have already started doing this, but I want to keep it up! :)
6. Get 7-8 hours of sleep! - That means 10:30 bedtime on school nights....so hard, but so necessary!!
Thanks for reading....
Yay, Kim! You can do it! I definitely know how hard it can be... I'm in one of my not-so-motivated stages and it needs to change! Thanks for motivating me! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHey Kim! You should think about doing bodyrock.tv...it's only 15-20 minutes per day (of pure torture) but I found it more bearable to do consistently during the end of the school year last year than going and running at the gym. It's a personal preference, I'm sure, but I have seen many more results from those 15-20 minutes per day than I ever did at Gold's (even with Mr. D). I have similar goals about cooking dinner at home after work this year :). I also want to incorporate a simple snack time into my school day so I won't be starving by lunch haha....GO foods only! :)
ReplyDelete