Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm officially old

This is the third weekend in a row I have not been able to sleep in past 8. Last Sunday I was in bed at 10 the night before and awake at 5:45 AM. What is happening to me??? I used to be very proud of my "sleeping in" abilities. I could easily sleep in until 10, 11 or even past noon at times. Now that I am a "veteran" working adult, that seems to have gone out the window. I remember making fun of my dad and calling him "old" because he was in bed so early and always up before the sun. Well, Dad, I guess I'm old too. ;-)

Even though I miss sleeping in, I am glad to be getting in a better sleep pattern. I know that is better for me and I actually feel like I have more energy now that I am consistently getting 7-8 hours a sleep a night instead of 6ish during the week and 10+ on the weekends.

This whole adult thing is a weird transition....but it's happening so I guess I better jump on board.

But I still can't believe I have already been up 3 and a half hours and it's Saturday and not even noon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment