Saturday, September 4, 2010

It would be my honor, to be your maid of honor!



A few weeks ago my best friend got engaged. Her wedding will be next year and I get the privilege of being her maid of honor. We have always talked about being each other's maid of honors (I guess NOW she will be my matron of honor hah) but also joked about how we would never get married and become old spinsters. The time, however, has now come for my lovely friend, Sarah to tie the knot!

I could not be more happy for Sarah. She has found an amazing guy and I know they will be happy. It is a bittersweet time for me though because I have lived with Sarah since I was a freshman in college. (Technically I didn't junior year, but we were basically at each other's places every day so I still count it. tee hee) It will be incredibly weird to not live with her. I know the time has come to move on though....I have felt God preparing my heart for this. Doesn't make it any easier though.

I am incredibly excited about our last year together as roommates though. It will be awesome and I look forward to helping her plan the big day. I feel so blessed to get to be her maid of honor and I hope I serve the title well.

I love you Sarah! :)


3 comments:

  1. congratulations, maid of honor! it really is a huge honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay! I love you guys! Let me know if you need any maid of honor advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janet! :) It is a HUGE honor.

    We LOVE YOU Lesley! :) I will definitely hit you up for advice.

    ReplyDelete