BIG BEND TRIP 2011 (aka BB 11)
Since I can't get on facebook (I will still share my post through facebook...but don't worry, I won't get sucked in to looking around tee hee), I thought I'd share some photos of my Big Bend trip with Sarah on my blog. I am not a big camper, in fact, before college, I would have NEVER gone camping, but this was one of the best trips I have gone on. I had a fantastic time!
Our first hike (Window View) was 5.6 miles round trip! It led us to this beautiful view between two mountains. Below is the lovely Sarah posing at the view. How does she look so beautiful even after a long hike? Who knows! :)
The next day Sarah tricked...I mean encouraged me to push myself and do a 12.6 mile hike. We got up before sunrise and began our hike as the sun was coming up. Unlike the day before where we went down and then back up, this hike began going uphill. It was very steep and it was INCREDIBLY hard. I was way behind Sarah for most of it. I really tried to use this time to meditate and pray to God, but it was very hard as I was so focused on the pain and wanting to be done. Here is me and Sarah at the beginning of our hike, ready to go! I am so blessed to have her as a best friend. I cannot believe I got to spend the whole week with her. :) She is so wonderful and she pushes me to change and become a better person.
The 6 miles up to the South Rim were long and hard, but the view was DEFINITELY worth it (picture below). I couldn't believe I was still in Texas. It was amazing. God's creation is AMAZING! This picture doesn't do it justice. I wish we could have stayed up there longer, but there was still another 6 miles down to go. We made it back down in one piece, but BOY did I hurt everywhere. I still hurt a little now....but I guess no pain, no gain, right? :)
One of my favorite things about camping was waking up when (or before ) the sun rises and going to sleep when the sun sets. And boy, was the sky beautiful. This is a picture of a sun set our second night at Big Bend. I wish I could have captured what the night sky looked like: filled with stars that were bright and all over the place. It was breathtaking!
Hope you enjoyed the pics! I had a wonderful time and I am in even MORE awe of God's creation. What a marvelous Creator He is!
Kim, these pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you had an amazing time! :)
ReplyDelete