Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

fI haven't blogged in a while and a lot of that is due to all the festivities leading up to my BFF's wedding last weekend. It was a WONDERFUL wedding and I still can't believe it's over. I wanted to share a few photos:

Me and the lovely bride

Me and the wonderful couple

Me and the Sherwins :)

I was blessed to be Sarah's maid of honor, and it was a wonderful experience. I consider Sarah to be my sister so I knew this would be an emotional day. I did not expect to get as emotional as I did during the ceremony (I was crying non-stop!) BUT I guess I got it all out early on because I made it through my toast with no tears. :)

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Kim, Sarah’s best friend and college roommate. Growing up, I always wanted a sister. I was blessed to have a little brother, but God chose to not give me a sister until I was 18 years old. I met Sarah my freshman year of college at Southwestern University when she moved into my dorm room after we both were in need of new roommates. I’d love to tell you that we were BFF at first sight, but that first semester together was pretty awkward. But don’t worry, as you can tell, that didn’t last. We have lived together ever since that fateful day in the Spring semester of our freshman year. (Well, actually, we did not technically live together our junior years but we were at each other’s apartments almost every day so I still count it.) We were inseparable and most of my best college memories involve her: living in the God quad, riding yellow pirate bikes, camping with Phi Lambs, road trips to Nomads, praying with Allison and meals in the commons. My favorite memory is when we would perform and make up songs together including our original song “Why Don’t Boys Like Us.” (Ask me later if you want to hear the whole song, it’s amazing!)


Now almost 7 years later, I am standing here at her wedding. I knew it wouldn’t take long for the “right boy” to like Sarah. She is an incredible person and a wonderful friend. Her friendship has literally been a godsend in my life, at a time when I desperately needed it. She has been with me during all of the low points and high points of my adult life. Honestly, she helped me navigate my way into adulthood. She’s one of the first people I want to share any type of news with, and I can spend hours talking to her. Needless to say, I have always been apprehensive of ANYONE coming close to being worthy of marrying her. I even made a list of requirements for her future husband, but Kevin passed all my tests with flying colors.


Kevin and Sarah are both very blessed to have each other. I have been honored to have known them throughout their whole relationship: from their first date, all the way through their engagement and now at their wedding. They have such a special relationship built on love, trust and lots of laughter. I have no doubt that their marriage will be amazing and bear much fruit...including kids. I can’t wait to meet your little Kimmy Jr. I mean, your kids are going to have two aunt Kim’s so I think it’s only right you name your first girl after us.


May God bless your journey together! To Sarah and Kevin!


Me giving the toast


I think they liked it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment