Monday, June 28, 2010

They Shall Walk and Not Faint

All I was planning to do was get my yearly eye exam along with having my eyes dilated. The exam went fine, but when they put in the drops to dilate my eyes, things got scary. I started feeling very sick and a little dizzy, but I figured that was part of the process. After waiting 10 minutes they asked me to put my contacts in. One minute I'm standing at the sink, the next I am on the floor.

BOOM! I fainted.

I don't remember a thing between the sink and the floor and that's terrifying to me. Apparently, I hit my forehead on the sink and was falling back but the assistant that was in the room was able to catch me and guide me to the floor. It's a weird feeling to be standing in one place and then lying in another without knowing how you got there. Oddly enough, when I came to I felt a million times better. I was really shaky and sweaty but I felt fine. Some EMT guys came and checked me out and they let me go home. Fortunately my best friend Sarah was with me and I am so thankful for that. She drove me home and I rested most of the day.

This whole episode has really shaken me up. Not only in the physical sense. It kind of brought to light how I have been feeling in my spiritual life lately: very weak and enervated. The last few weeks I have been very un-disciplined in seeking out the Lord. I just feel like I'm drifting through life. I have not been attending church regularly and I have not been consistent with quiet time and my daily Bible reading. I have also just felt very indifferent to growing spiritually. It's like sometimes I don't even want to try. That is not how I want to live my life.

I do not want to feel weak in this area of my life. I want the strength of Christ to fill me and push me onward. I am so thankful that He was watching out for me today when I fell. But I am glad that God is speaking to me through this experience. I don't want to continue to live my life in this weary pattern I have found myself in. Just like I couldn't remember a thing between the sink and the floor, I don't want to look back on my life and not remember anything either. I want to see God moving in my life. I want to remember seeking Him out daily. I want to be invigorated! Once again, God reminds me that seeking His will and following Him will bring me strength. I trust God to heal me physically and spiritually in the days and weeks to come. I pray He invigorates my faint faith and that I will mount up with wings like eagles! I pray your strength is renewed also! Thanks for reading!



But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







1 comment:

  1. I am praying for healing - physically and spiritually! Love you, Twin!

    ReplyDelete