Friday, September 24, 2010

My Not-so Little Brother

On Sunday I am heading to Oklahoma for a visit family road trip. I am quite excited. :) My main reason for going is to see my little brother who attends OSU in Stillwater. He is a junior and I can still not believe he is over halfway through with college. When I headed off to college, Mark was only 13 and honestly, I still think of him as that annoying little guy. :)

Mark and I had a typical sibling relationship - we got along, but we definitely fought quite a bit. I remember being in a department store with my mother while I whined, "Mom, Mark bit me!" and showed her his teeth marks on my hand. He then responded with, "Well, she bit me first!!" and he showed his own bit wound. We argued a lot and were definitely not quiet about it.

Even though we fought often, it was all done with love. I truly did care about my little brother and I know he liked me too (Despite what he tells you!) He loved to spend time with me and my friends. I remember him staying up late to watch movies with me and my friends at my 16th birthday party sleepover. I said he was an annoying pest at the time, but I honestly loved that he liked to spend time with me.

When I left for college in 2004, I really think that helped our relationship move from just siblings to good friends. We have talked more on the phone and shared more about our lives then we ever did when we were younger. I am amazed how this little 13-year old I left in 2004 has transformed into this intelligent, awesome man. Heis excelling in a difficult chemical engineering major and has found a wonderful girlfriend who he has dated for over four years.

He'll probably be incredibly embarrassed I did this, but my desire to embarrass him constantly has not changed so YAY! :) I love you Mark, and I am very proud of you. I can't wait to see you next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment