Monday, January 30, 2012

Fitness Month

Well, I believe I have started the year off right! Fitness month has gone better than I expected. :) I met my goal of exercising at least 4 times a week. The first couple of weeks it was only for 15-20 minutes, but I'm slowly working up to 30-45 minutes. The first few weeks I did exercise programs with an online program called bodyrock. It's really tough, but I have a hard time motivating myself so I felt like I wasn't working very hard. I also did a couple yoga routines with Jillian Michaels. They were hard but fun! I think I will continue to do workouts with her. I need someone telling me what to do...even if they are on the TV. ;-)


I've also been walking and running again. Saturday I am doing a 5K in good 'ol Gtown! I've been running the last few days so hopefully I won't die on Saturday! :) I ran 2.15 miles last Saturday, 2.4 miles today and I'm hoping to run 3 miles on Wednesday. Hopefully the 3.3 miles on Saturday will happen. :)

Of course, my FAVORITE exercise activity was brushing up on my MJ moves. My favorite Christmas present by far was my Wii MJ Experience game. 30 minutes of dancing to this and I was exhausted, but it felt so good. :)


I'm glad to have gotten into the habit of working out and I'm hoping to continue this throughout 2012. The only downside to this month is I have not lost any weight. In fact I have gained 2 pounds. :( BUT February is food month so I'm hoping to turn that around.

Stay tuned for Food February! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I didn't know you were doing Cupid's Chase! I'll be there, but I have barely worked up to 2 miles, so I'm sure I'll be walking for part of it :) Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awesome a 5k in georgetown! and to boost your confidence 5k = 3.1 miles! If you run 3 miles you can surely run the extra .1 of a mile! :) The excitement of the race will give you the extra adrenaline! You can do it! I don't have a single ounce of doubt! go, kim, go!!

    and in regard to not losing weight, remember that you are building burning fat and building muscle, tons of muscle :) :) but come february and food month, i know you'll be doing amazing! (I log calories using "myfitnesspal.com" its pretty useful! <3

    ReplyDelete