Well, the Daniel Fast Take 2 was an epic fail. The first week or so I did pretty well, but once Valentine's festivities hit I was a goner! GEEZ! However, this whole experience has shown me that SWEETS is once again, what I will be giving up for Lent. I am also going to try giving up meat because I really enjoyed trying vegetarian dishes this month. I'm going to allow myself to have fish though.
There is some good news in February though! My desire to stay more active has continued from January! I have been running a lot and even ran in a 5K early in February with my best friend, Sarah and my twin, Lesley (twin as in we both have the same BIG in our sorority...not actual twin sister haha...I WISH THOUGH!) I ran (well...jogged actually) the whole thing and I was so proud of myself. I enjoyed it SO MUCH that I went crazy and signed up for a 10K at the end of March. I have NEVER run that far in my life so it should be interesting. However, I ran 2 miles this morning and actually ENJOYED IT....usually I'm dying after 5 minutes of running.
Well, hopefully Lent will go better than Food Month did. I also wanted to add something during Lent this year and I've decided to add schedule, intentional prayer time. I'm going to start with 5-10 minutes a day and hopefully work up to 30-40 minutes. Very excited! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment