I am currently at my parents' house in Katy visiting them for the weekend. For my past few visits, I have been trying to go through the stuff in my "room" at their house. I have too much stuff ESPECIALLY since I don't live with them anymore. I just finished going through my desk and I found tons of letters and cards I have received over the years. I wanted to share one in particular with you.
I found a note with music and hearts on the front to find the familiar script of my grandmother on the inside. She and I wrote to each other fairly regularly over the years especially when I went to college. I loved getting notes from her in college even though it was sad to see how she was growing weaker and her memory was not as sharp. Even her handwriting was not the same as I saw it was very messy and uncontrolled.
This note had definitely been written years ago. Her handwriting was extremely neat and tidy (the handwriting I remember) and her memory was as sharp as ever. And she signed it Love, Grandpa and Granny. My grandpa had passed away in 2000 so this note was from a ways back. She mentioned that she got a picture from me holding a music award and that she was not surprised I had made the newspaper staff so this note must have been sent when I was in 7th grade (1998). I apparently wrote an article about "The Perfect Teacher" and had sent it to her. She praised it and told me that I "have knowledge beyond your years about a school teacher's life." That made me cry and smile. :)
My grandmother has always been my main inspiration for wanting to become a teacher. I always looked up to her and wanted to be like her. Losing her last January was extremely hard on me...much harder than I expected. I miss her everyday, but I know she's at peace now and that comforts me. I am also thankful that she was able to live to see me become a teacher.
I love you Granny and Grandpa...I miss you both dearly.
love <3
ReplyDelete:) Missing both my parents.
ReplyDeleteThe previous comment was from my Dad...he was signed on as me. :)
ReplyDelete