Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From Simplicity to Solitude

Well, I made it through one month of discipline-mania! :) I am really glad I started out with simplicity. I learned so much about how seeking God's Kingdom first and laying all my anxieties at His feet truly simplifies my life. I still have a long way to go, but I feel ready to make more changes in mu everyday life.

My shopping fast was a huge eye opener. For one, my bank account is MUCH larger than it usually is at the first of the month. My credit card bill was about a third of last month's. It's incredible how much I spent on stuff I obviously didn't need. I went shopping with a friend on Sunday and it was amazing how my mindset had changed in what I thought I "needed" to get. I am hoping this will stay with me. This fast also showed me that when I'm bored or stressed, there are many other ways I can spend my time beside shopping. :) I also found I can even go to a store and GASP! not buy anything.

There is plenty I still want to work on even though the months is over. I am still praying about how God wants me to give to others more both financially and with my own time. I also need to continue to not be anxious about ANYTHING and give it all to GOd in prayer.

I am very excited about this year since this first month was so awesome! Stay tuned for my plans in November with SOLITUDE. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment