I saw Toy Story 3 yesterday with my parents (AMAZING movie by the way) and at the end I look over to see tears streaming down my mom's face. Now, it's not hard to make my mother cry. She's been known to cry at many a book and movie over the years. Seeing her yesterday made me think about all the movies that have made me cry. It's funny, but I love it when movies make me cry. It is interesting to me that you can get so wrapped up in a story and feel so close to the characters that you physically cry when something wonderful or tragic happens to them. I absolutely love to laugh, but a good cry is also wonderful, too.
I wanted to list a few of the movies that no matter HOW many times I watch them and I cry like a baby. I've cried in a lot of movies, but these are the ones that I have watched multiple times and cried each time. Comment and let me know what movies make you cry....I love having new movie suggestions!
1. Simon Birch - Don't ever make fun of this movie in front of me. I will punch you straight in the nose. It's one of my favorites and I cry every time!
2. Terms of Endearment - This is such a sad movie., but so good! I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.
3. Father of the Bride Part II- When he holds those two babies in his arms, it's over! :)
4. Armageddon - I know it's a weird one, but when she says goodbye to her Dad I can't help it. I'm a Daddy's girl. :)
5. Life is Beautiful - What a wonderful, heart-wrenching story. The acting is wonderful and I don't care that I have to read subtitles! And the little boy is so precious, as is his father.
6. Steel Magnolias - Just like Terms of Endearment, another mother/daughter relationship flick. Such a funny movie, yet so sad at the same time. HOW DO YOU DO IT JULIA ROBERTS?
7. A Walk to Remember - Geez. Nicolas Sparks just knows how to make you weep.
8. My Girl - I know the ending each time I watch it, but I always hope it will change. Never does. Sigh.
I'm sure there are more, but now I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about these. Emotions are just grand, aren't they?
So, your turn....what makes you cry?
I cried all the way through "P.S. I love you"
ReplyDeleteOh - and my mom cried at Toy Story 3 also. I think it's a mom thing :)
I haven't very many of the movies you mentioned! (well, I saw Armageddon, but I don't remember it and I read the A walk to remember book, so the movie was a let down)
ReplyDeleteSometimes, the sound of music makes me cry. . .hotel rwanda makes me cry like a baby. . .hmm