This has been the theme verse of my first week of focusing on simplicity. Foster emphasized it in the simplicity chapter. He talked about how we should not live in anxiety. If we are seeking the kingdom of God we will not be anxious. This was definitely a lesson I needed to be re-taught on. Over and over.
My first week or so of my journey has been awesome. I have really enjoyed reflecting on what it means to live simply. Just the simple of act of giving up "fun" shopping has been an eye-opener. It has only been 10 days and it has been a struggle! It was probably ten times worse that I am off of work so I have had a lot more free time. There were so many times this past week I have wanted to go browse Target or check out some new shoes at DSW. But I DIDN'T so I celebrate that. It really showed me what a bad habit I have gotten myself into. I hope to keep this lesson in my heart after this month is over.
As I continue this month, I will be praying about ways to give. Not just in the monetary sense, however I need to become more faithful in that area.
As always, thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment